This course provides a knowledge
base on accepted good practices for the effective incorporation of
into the process of Social and Environmental Impact Assessment (EISA).
These good practices have been created to ensure that the biodiversity
information included in EISAs provides a precise and adequate analysis
of the impact on biodiversity,
providing a basis for the development of effective mitigation measures
to ensure that these impacts are handled in an appropriate manner.
The course is intended for people involved in the evaluation of Social and Environmental Impact Assessments (EISAs) and management plans for government approval, but may also be useful for those who are responsible for writing EISAs.Minimum technical requirements to be met by the participant:
1) Office package domain (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Acrobat software for viewing and downloading documents.
2) Be an advanced Internet user able to search, access videos, participate in groups and discussion forums, etc.
3) Own and manage a personal email account to receive notifications and be informed of course developments.
4) Complete the Navigation Activity in the Classroom.
5) Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
Please note that completion of this course will require participation in online group assignments. We strongly recommend that participants ensure that their schedule will permit this type of work before enrollment.
If you have scheduled field work or anticipate prolonged periods without internet connectivity, please advise your course tutor as soon as possible or consider registering for an edition of the course that better accommodates your schedule.
By accepting to auto-enroll in this course I acknowledge that I have read and do hereby accept the participant requirements.
If you have any problem to auto-enroll in the course, please contact us at INDES HELP.
This course will hold one or more synchronous sessions through videoconferencing software. These will be recorded and shared in the virtual classroom.
If you have participated in such session, your name, image and audio may become part of this recording.
Downloading these videos and/or sharing their links is prohibited.