The course covers the main concepts and best practices of online teaching. It covers both technical skills, as well as instructional design and pedagogical concepts.
Learners have the opportunity to apply fundamental concepts and best practices in online pedagogy, with a special focus on online discussions, course management, effective student feedback, learning assessment and online presence.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the components of an effective virtual learning environment.
- Analyze pedagogical and motivational strategies in online courses that serve as a guide for students in virtual asynchronous environments.
- Identify and apply good practices to moderate online discussions, considering the different teaching presences.
- Identify technology tools and resources that support learning at a distance.
As part of the AcademiaBID portfolio, instructor-led courses, differently than self-paced or massive online courses, are taught by a subject matter expert with demonstrated experience in online teaching. Throughout several weeks, participants have numerous interaction opportunities with the instructor(s) and peers, contributing to a more effective learning experience. Assignments and other learning activities will be reviewed by the assigned instructor(s), who will provide personalized feedback.
Payment deadline: 12/05/2023
Start date: 18/05/2023
End date: 26/06/2023
- Tutor: Lisa Marie Blaschke